St. Clair County Community College Retiree Scholarship
ST. CLAIR COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE RETIREES SCHOLARSHIP
QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATES
The St. Clair County Community College Retiree Scholarship shall be for 3 contact hours based on the in-district tuition rate along with the technology fee each for Fall and Winter semesters, provided the candidate continues to meet the qualifications as specified below:
1. Be a resident of Michigan and live in either St. Clair or Sanilac Counties.
2. Be either a freshman or sophomore enrolled at St. Clair County Community College as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours) or part-time student with a minimum of 8 credit hours. Preference will be given to a full-time student.
3. Achieve a GPA of 2.75 or better in high school and achieve a GPA of 2.75 or better in the first semester at St. Clair County Community College in order to qualify for the second half of the scholarship.
4. Complete a St. Clair County Community College Admission Application/Scholarship Application form.
5. Please submit a two-page maximum, double-spaced essay on why you selected SC4 to begin your college education. What personal advantages does attending SC4 provide, what drawbacks are anticipated? What factors specifically did you take into consideration to assure that the community college experience would be the best fit for you?
6. Preference will be given to middle income students who economically are not the neediest financially.
7. Preference will be given to students attending college for the first time and who have not obtained an associate’s degree or higher.