St. Clair County Community College Retiree Scholarship
ST. CLAIR COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE RETIREES SCHOLARSHIP
QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATES
The SC4 Retiree Scholarship shall be for 3 contact hours based on the in-district tuition rate along with the technology fee each for Fall and Winter semesters, provided the candidate continues to meet the qualifications as specified below:
1. Be a resident of Michigan and live in either St. Clair or Sanilac Counties.
2. Be either a freshman or sophomore enrolled at SC4 as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours) or part-time student with a minimum of 8 credit hours. Preference will be given to a full-time student.
3. Achieve a GPA of 2.75 or better in high school and achieve a GPA of 2.75 or better in the first semester at SC4 in order to qualify for the second half of the scholarship.
4. Complete a SC4 Admission Application/Scholarship Application form.
5. Applicants must submit a one page essay on why they selected SC4 to begin their college education, what personal advantages does attending SC4 provide, and what drawbacks are anticipated?
6. Preference will be given to middle income students who economically are not the neediest financially.
7. Preference will be given to students attending college for the first time and who have not obtained an associate’s degree or higher.